Voted "Best in San Diego," Boulder Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the go-to choice for Oral Cancer.
Our services are designed to change the way our patients live.
Ready to Make an Appointment?
Contact Us Today!
Early Detection of Oral Cancer Can Make All The Difference
The inside of the mouth is normally lined with a special type of skin that is smooth and coral pink in color. Any change in this appearance could be a warning sign.
The following changes should be examined by our surgeons:
- Reddish patches (erythroplasia) or whitish patches in the mouth.
- A sore that fails to heal and bleeds easily.
- A lump or thickening on the skin lining inside of the mouth.
- Chronic sore throat or hoarseness.
- Difficulty in chewing or swallowing.
These changes can occur anywhere in the mouth, face, head, and or neck. Pain does not always occur with pathology, and curiously, is not often associated with oral cancer. However, any patient with facial and/or oral pain without an obvious cause or reason may also be at risk for oral cancer.
Drs. Gramins and Lin can evaluate any of these changes if they occur. Early detection usually results in the best treatment outcome.